It’s well-established that treating disease and reducing risk factors is not enough to sustainably improve health. What’s missing is whether people have a sense of control over their lives, also known as agency.
Community Agency & Health is the inaugural symposium of Bridging Health & Community, an organization dedicated to transforming how we approach health so that it goes beyond health care and public health to include fostering community agency.
- Bridget B Kelly, Bridging Health & Community
- Carl Baty, Rounding the Bases (see post)
- David Chavis, Community Science (see post)
- Len Syme, UC Berkeley (see post)
- Phil Thompson, MIT (see post)
- Pritpal S Tamber, Bridging Health & Community
- Risa Wilkerson, Active Living By Design (see post)
Location: Oakland, CA