The Brookings Institution is a nonprofit public policy organization based in Washington, DC. The mission is to conduct high-quality, independent research and, based on that research, to provide innovative, practical recommendations that advance three broad goals:
- Strengthen American democracy;
- Foster the economic and social welfare, security and opportunity of all Americans; and
- Secure a more open, safe, prosperous and cooperative international system.
Brookings is consistently ranked as the most influential, most quoted and most trusted think tank.
Christopher B. Leinberger is a land use strategist, teacher, developer, researcher and author, balancing business realities with social and environmental concerns. Mr. Leinberger is:
- President of Locus; Responsible Real Estate Developers and Investors
- The Charles Bendit Distinguished Scholar and Research Professor, George Washington University School of Business
- Nonresident Senior Fellow at Brookings Institution in Washington DC
- Founding Partner of Arcadia Land Company, a New Urbanism and transit-oriented development firm