NAHF was founded in 1979 by staff of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports.
NAHFs mission is to improve the quality of life for individuals in the United States. NAHF does this through its members by
- Promoting physical fitness, sports and healthy lifestyles
- Fostering new State Councils and Coalitions in every state and US territory
- Networking and support among existing Governors’ Councils on Physical Fitness and Sports and local community coalitions
- Championing environmental and policy support for active living
- Encouraging and sharing innovation in the States
For more information go to physicalfitness.org.